Tuesday, March 23, 2010

To haircut or not to haircut?

This is more in the past tense and , indeed, it did become quite tense over the last few weeks. what started with an idea to cut cutting costs soon became an apprehension of how things would be post the dreaded haircut. The initial target of five months kept getting pushed. Raised eyebrows, gentle comments, witty jibes didn't mean a thing. It wasn't until my prof. remarked, 'I like the Einstein hair!', that I realized that the time had come for the scissors to go snip-snap (no scissors here, though, it turned out to be mainly the electric thing that worked on my head). And here I am, looking like Dexter to one, 'civil' to another. The barber, a rather affable character, guessed it must have been my first visit in four months. I laughed the enigmatic laugh that everyone should , in order to avoid embarassment. Madison's hard water gave me many a sleepless night last fall and the four mentioned previously was a gross understatement. 'Your friends might not recognize you tomorrow!', he guffawed. That remains to be seen, in a few hours. However, I am not too keen on a wager against that. It feels a lot lighter on the head, the bike helmet suddenly seemed a lot bigger and I cut down my time in the shower by a good five minutes.

Short hair is good. Period.

2 comments:

Wanderer said...

How much did you pay? :P

I say bald is beautiful.

Ranga said...

hehe.. 15 bucks. Bald is inevitable (surely for you, and maybe for me)... hence beautiful :)